3D Visual Effects, Finishing, and Color Grading Solutions, including the Renowned Autodesk Flame®
ALT Systems is your source for Autodesk software – and we sell & rent custom-configured workstations optimized for each Autodesk product.
ALT Systems is an Autodesk media systems integration partner.
“ALT Systems has consistently been recognized as one of Autodesk’s top systems resellers, delivering Flame, Smoke, Lustre and Flare to large and boutique sized post-production facilities.”
Amazing VFX, color & finishing tools that help you stand out from the crowd.
One of the cornerstones of ALT Systems’ solutions is the Autodesk line of game-changing software tools for editing, VFX, color & finishing and animation.
ALT Systems is proud to have been recognized by Autodesk as one of their top systems integrator in the Americas – delivering Flame, Flame Assist, Flare, Smoke, and Lustre to large and boutique sized post-production facilities.
ALT Systems also provides custom-configured serves & workstations optimized for each individual Autodesk application – and tuned to your exact production environment.
Autodesk Flame® is Now
Infortrend Storage Qualified
Infortrend EonStor DS 4024B has been certified to meet Autodesk’s stringent requirements for Flame VFX, and color & finishing applications.
The combination of Infortrend and Flame enables content creators to easily handle deadline-driven, read/write intensive tasks.Discover More
Autodesk Flame® 3D VFX software is AI-powered tools for seamless 3D compositing, breathtaking visual effects, and intuitive editorial finishing workflows
Autodesk Flame is powerful 3D visual effects software that provides some of the industry’s most advanced tools for 3D compositing, VFX, and editorial finishing.
ALT Systems is an Autodesk Specialized Partner. Our tech team has the advanced product knowledge and real-world experience gained from selling and supporting Flame on behalf of Hollywood’s best known studios and VFX houses.
The latest version of Flame for 2022 includes AI-powered tools and solutions for remote artists working from a home studio.
New 3D Compositing and VFX Features
- MatchMove – next-generation automatic camera motion solver
- 3D selective motion vector mode – Feed CG-rendered or analyzed motion vectors directly into 3D selectives to combine with masks
- 3D compositing – Combines the interactive speed of traditional 2D compositing and powerful 3D visual effects.
- Physical Defocus – GPU-accelerated rack defocus effect for Image, Action, and Batch.
- Cryptomatte render pass support – Crypto object, asset, and materials without having to request re-rendering.
New Machine Learning Features
- Human face extraction – Extract mattes using machine learning with a new human-face region Semantic keyer.
- Human body and head extraction – Isolate human bodies and heads for fast, iterative color grading and light FX treatments on shots.
- Human face normal map generator – Use machine learning to generate 3D surface-orientation bump maps for color adjustment, relighting, and retouching.
- Semantic keyer for sky extraction – Isolate skies with a single click to remove clouds, add treatments to sky backgrounds, and more.
- AI-powered salient keyer – Identify and provide a matte for the most obvious object within a bounding box using object recognition tools
- Z-depth map generator – Live-action, scene-depth reclamation. Color correct and apply effects based on camera distance.
Autodesk Flame Assist® is a timeline-centric, fully compatible VFX companion that makes your Flame sessions more productive
- 3D compositing – Combines the interactive speed of traditional 2D compositing and powerful 3D visual effects. Includes a WYSIWYG preview for artists in session.
- Editorial timeline – Use the timeline to manage projects, create consistent looks and match graded and 3D VFX shots. Includes scene detection.
- Conform – Create multi-layer timelines faster. Use a large set of advanced conforming and troubleshooting tools in a single task-based area.
- Media management – Support for additional formats and enhanced sharing and handling help you better manage your media.
- Matchbox API – Use GPU-accelerated GLSL shaders to solve challenges in Action’s 3D compositing environment.
- Pybox – Use a scriptable handler to process your images via external renderers.
- Connected Conform smart merge – Merge new editorial cuts dynamically with work in progress shots late in a project.
- Shotgun integration – Access the power of the Shotgun review and production tracking toolset.
Autodesk Flare® is a fully compatible creative assistant station for Flame in collaborative VFX workflows
Flare is a software-only tool for use by creative assistants to organize and streamline VFX and finishing post-production.
With just the core features available in Flame, finishing facilities can leverage Flare for creative collaboration, managing artist-driven versioning, and spreading the creative workload among multiple Flame seats.
The latest version of Autodesk Flare includes Batch and the Action 3D compositing.
Autodesk Smoke® VFX software increases productivity by combining editing workflows with node-based compositing tools in a timeline-centric interface
- Timeline-Based Creative Workflow – Center your creative work around an easy-to-use, track-based, nonlinear-editor workflow with powerful visual FX tools.
- ConnectFX Node-Based Compositing – Go directly from the timeline to ConnectFX, so you can create sophisticated effects without leaving the timeline.
- Powerful Compositing – Action combines keying, tracking, transformation, deformation, lighting, and shading tools in an interactive 3D workspace.
- 3D Text and Geometry – Import 3D geometry and create dynamic 3D titles with bevels, textures, and per-character animation controls.
- Dynamic Trimming – Tell your story easily with dynamic trimming tools that adjust timing and timeline navigation.
Autodesk Lustre® is high-performance, real-time, 3D color grading and correction software
- GPU-accelerated performance – for super fast real time response.
- VFX & Colorist Collaboration – access VFX and Color together.
- Nonlinear Color Grading – for primary and secondary grading.
- Deep Color Management – track colorspace metadata by clip from the original media to final deliverables.
- Dolby Vision – Dolby Vision HDR Support.
- Updated AJA Support – Supports AJA 15 drivers.
- Resizable Thumbnails – Set storyboard thumbnail sizes in both storyboard views.