ALT Systems is recruiting qualified applicants for a Colorfront Support Specialist position.
This is a full-time career opportunity at our Burbank, CA headquarters.
ALT Systems is the US distributor and close partner with Colorfront. Colorfront (www.colorfront.com), is the Academy, Emmy, and HPA Award-winning developer of high-performance, on-set dailies and transcoding systems for motion pictures, broadcast, OTT, and commercials. Colorfront Transkoder is recognized as a market leader in advanced Color Science and studio deliverables. On-Set-Dailies and Express Dailies are the leading applications for high-end dailies processing and are used by the largest studios and post-production companies for film and TV editorial dailies. ALT Systems, sells, supports, and builds Colorfront systems. We are the first line of support throughout the US and beyond and are completely integrated with Colorfront engineering and support.
This position is responsible for working with a small team to answer questions and troubleshoot support issues with Colorfront products. You will be required to be an expert with the software, understand the desired workflows, logically test and fix issues when possible, and otherwise write reports to Colorfront engineering. There is a very qualified team for assistance, but it is necessary to be able to test and diagnose issues independently.
The ideal candidate has a wide-ranging understanding of digital video, codecs, color science, and deliverables. As a Support Specialist you will be commonly logging into client computers, assisting online and on the phone. A good rapport with clients is required. In addition to online support duties, there can be client house calls, trade shows, and marketing events. There will be comprehensive training, but you will be expected to learn quickly.
- Provide excellent customer service, time management, interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills, and work in a fast-paced changing environment.
- Learn new technologies quickly and with minimal guidance.
- Thrive on technical challenges and take pride in solving them.
- Write detailed, yet concise bug reports to liaise with dev team.
Required Technical Skills:
- Understanding of post-production workflows, including dailies, editorial, VFX, and mastering.
- Understanding of common high-end production cameras and their associated file formats.
- Knowledge of digital audio/video concepts, signal-flow, codecs and containers.
- Knowledge of common deliverable file formats and packages (IMFs, DCPs, AS02).
- Mac and Windows proficiency, as well as Linux command line competency.
- Working knowledge of AV software solutions (Resolve, Premiere, Avid, or Clipster).
- Familiarity with networking principles and security practices used in a professional context.
- Basic understanding of Color Science (HDR, video ranging, gamma curves and color spaces).
- Basic familiarity with AWS cloud infrastructure.
Successful candidates will also have:
- Experience operating Colorfront software.
- Experience as a software support technician.
- Experience as a Dailies Operator or DIT.
- Experience as a Video or Mastering Editor.
- Experience with HDR, Dolby Vision and Atmos.
- Advanced IT engineering.
- Understanding of shared storage solutions.
- Basic Python and PHP coding.
- Experience with Jira / Agile issue tracking.
A BS degree in CS/CE or equivalent experience is a plus.
This is a full-time exempt position requiring the ability to sit, stand, speak, hear, see, operate a computer keyboard and mouse, and lift up to 50 pounds.
If you are ready for a job at the epicenter of the digital content revolution, send a resume to email@example.com. Please reference career code: CSS1. No calls please.